10.1 C
New York
Sunday, December 10, 2023

Mo Dewji Pours in Billions to Finance Simba Transformation

Prominent Tanzanian CEO Mohammed Dewji’s substantial financial commitment to the country’s top football club, Simba SC, was confirmed with an investment of 20 billion Tanzanian shillings (just over $8.6 million) from the METL CEO. The investment formally makes Dewji the owner of 49% of the club with the other 51% of shares open to the public and fan support. Dewji revealed that the payment will be used to better the club in scouting and player acquisition, a department he has already substantially boosted in recent years to help the club to become one of Africa’s top sides.